The items a person carries around with them on a daily basis says a lot about who they are. All of the things they carry with them is what gets them through the day. This series will review the bags of people around the country, maybe the world and give insight on differences and similarities of what we think is important to carry with us.
First stop: Brooklyn, NY
Female – 22 yrs old
- Tote bag – Easy & light, matches with most of my outfits and fits everything I need!
- Wristlet wallet – Simple switch from day to night, if I don’t want to carry around my huge bag at happy hour I can slip my wallet out and not have to worry about loosing it.
- Notebook & pen – I go through new notebooks on a monthly basis, I love to scribble and write down my thoughts. It’s so much more satisfying to me than to type it in my phone. I’m constantly making lists of things that I want to do and what I have to do. It keeps me organized in a messy way… if that makes any sense.
- Sunglasses – My eyes are sensitive to the sun so it’s important to always protect them. I love ShopShade rim-less sunnies. They go with everything and I have them in all sorts of fun colors!
- Make up (mini versions of everything) – I’m a lover of all things miniature, so when Birchbox was introduced to me I became obsessed! I carry sample sizes of all my must need cosmetics – mascara, perfume, lipstick, deodorant, highlighter.
- Moisturizer – The city air dries my skin out beyond belief, I always keep moisturizer handy. Currently I have Glossier on me. I carry both the moisturizer and “balm dot com” to keep my hands, face and lips baby soft.
- Hand sanitizer – I mean, I commute all over NYC it’s a necessity!
- Laptop – It’s my life source, I work remotely so I’m constantly on the go and always need to have it handy.
- Headphones – These babies are on my head 24/7. They work with bluetooth which is a life saver compared to being wrapped up in headphone wires on the train.
- A good book – Always. Currently reading Widow Basquiat for the second time because it’s such an unconventionally beautiful, artist love story which gets me every time 🙂
- Allergy pills / Tylenol – Because New York’s seasons are out to get everyone with allergies.
- Water – Swell keeps your water cold for 24 hours or hot for 12 hours! It keeps me hydrated and refreshed during my busy days.